The Radiant Beginnings video series is designed to promote executive skills necessary for academic success and socio-emotional health through the use of contemporary secular yoga and mindfulness practices. Each video is approximately five minutes in length and is created to be administered by a classroom teacher. Videos require no knowledge of mindfulness or yoga content by the teacher. Each video guides participants through a series of mental and physical exercises that focus on breath, body and mind with the goal of increasing focus, self-control, attitudes, self-awareness and self-regulation.
What Teachers are Saying:
“The videos have been really helpful. After taking a mindfulness training I didn’t feel comfortable leading all of it, so it was really nice having someone else teach it so I could participate too.”
“I have seen a big difference in my students. It’s a really great way to start the day. I love it! To quote one of my students, ‘I can’t imagine starting my day without the videos,’ and neither can I.”
What students are Saying:
“I’m definitely more relaxed and less anxious. I don’t like tests and I know a lot of people don’t either, and when I watch the videos it helps me relax and get rid of the thoughts.“
“I’ve been having a hard time in school and I’ve been getting frustrated in classes… The stress management videos helped me calm down.”
- • Allow each student to build a toolkit for stress management that they can carry with them throughout their lives.
- • Raise self-awareness and mindfulness to promote physical, mental and emotional health.
- • Teach students in a calm environment in order to support their emotional process.
- • Educate the whole child.
- • Enhance a child’s ability to collaborate, communicate, think critically, and raise body awareness. These skills are essential for success in the 21st century.
- • Adhere to a carefully-crafted curriculum that enables each student to understand how to self-sooth in any stressful situation.
- • Deliver practical tools that students can take into their lives.
- • Enhance self-regulatory skills, empathy, attention, self-esteem, memory and planning.
- • Practice respect of self and others.
Ready to Get Started?